What is it?
The Human Development Award is presented to honor Latvia’s inspirational people and to recognize the socially responsible practices of Latvia’s businesses and non-profit organizations.
This year the award were be presented for the seventh time.
Sponsors and supporters
What are the goals?
Latvia's growth and prosperity depend on its people. Selfless, talented and active people who can inspire others.
Who are the winners?
The award winners in the following categories are:
- on social responsibility - Tamāra Krēsliņa, a volunteer of the State Probation Service in the field of resocialization (co-worker);
- for outstanding contribution for education - a craftsman Alvids Pupšis;
- for an outstanding contribution to health and well-being - Elīna Tolmačova, Head of the Environment, Health and Public Participation Department of Liepāja City Municipality Administration;
- for an outstanding contribution to the future of Latvia - Natalija Novikova, founder and manager of the LiveIntegro Foundation;
- for selfless work on the negative effects of Covid-19 - movement #paliecmājās (#vieglipalīdzēt).