Honored the laureates of the "Human Development Award"
September 19 - Award for the Human Development Award. The prize is awarded to honor Latvian people, organizations and companies for their contribution to human growth.
The "Human Development Award in Latvia" award was presented for the sixth time this year, since 2014, when it was founded to accentuate human growth or human development in order to respond to negative demographic trends such as depopulation, high income inequality, depopulation and the high proportion of children in institutional care.
The ceremony was opened by Kristīne Zonberga, Director of the Latvian Civic Alliance, Paul Poletes, Deputy Chief of Mission, US Embassy in Riga, Līga Smildziņa-Bērtulsone, Executive Director and Board Member at the American Chamber of Commerce in Latvia, and Elīna Pinto, the Advisor to the President on Modern Country and Sustainability.
The awards were presented in four categories:
1. Social Responsibility Award was given to Līga Uzulniece, the founder and CEO of NSUS, and the author and leader of the idea of the social enterprise Angels Post.
2. Outstanding Commitment to Education Award was given to - Riga Technical University Secondary School of Engineering, Director Solveiga Medne
3. Exemplary Contribution to Health and Well-Being Award was given to Agnese Kviese, Children and Family Development Center "Miracle"
4. The Future of Latvia Award receives Children's Villages SOS, Director Ilze Paleja.
The winners of the competition received the sculpture "Sprout" created by sculptor Olga Šilova.
Also this year organizers was awarding special prizes to:
1. "Social Responsibility" Dana Didžus, Roman Mediator.
2. "Outstanding Contribution to Education", society "Future
3. 'For outstanding contribution to health and well-being', Latvian Cystic Fibrosis Society.
4. "For an outstanding contribution to Latvia's future", Sarma Freiberga, "The Foundation Come along!".
The event was made possible by partners, sponsors and supporters: Abbvie, SEB, Hamid Ladjevardi with family and Maxima