Terms and Conditions 2022
1. These terms and conditions specify the procedure and provision of the Human Development Award of Latvia.
2. The Human Development Award of Latvia (hereinafter referred to as the “Award”) shall be presented to individuals, business and non-profit organizations in recognition of outstanding achievements and continued commitment to the development of human capital of Latvia at the both local and national levels.
3. The purpose of the Award shall be to promote human development and further prosperity and wellbeing of Latvia’s people.
4. Nominees shall be nominated for one of the following categories: “Social Responsibility and Philanthropy Award”, „ Outstanding Commitment to Education Award”, „Exemplary Contribution to Health and Well-being Award” and „The Future of Latvia Award”. The Awards may or may not be provided in all categories announced.
5. Nominees shall be Latvian residents, companies and organizations registered in Latvia.
6. The applications
will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
1) Impact - demonstrable
impact on the society;
2) Sustainability – sustainable development,
Innovation – innovative, creative and original approaches, successfully adapted
to local conditions.
4) Inspiration – actions serving as a model of practice for others. The Award shall be given for unique merits or long-term merits.
7. Nominees shall be nominated by any physical or legal entity by submitting an application. Nominees can nominate themselves. Past award winners are not eligible for nomination.
8. The Award is announced by the Civic Alliance-Latvia and Partners – the United States Embassy in Latvia.
9. The Award shall be an Honourable Awards Certificate, a prize trophy and recognition. The awards are presented at an Awards Ceremony honouring awardee. The format an exact time of the Award ceremony will be clarified.
10. The awardees may receive cash or another special award recommended by the Evaluation Committee and determined by Partners.
11. The applications are submitted electronically by filling out the nomination form.
12. Nomination period is open at least two weeks following the date of the first announcement.
13. Nomination form shall contain information on the recipient, summary of the initiative, evidence of success; at least one reference and compliance with the presented criteria.
14. Deadline for submission of entries is May 31, 2022.
15. The Civic Alliance-Latvia collects all applications and, after a preliminary review if they meet minimum eligibility criteria, submits them to the Evaluation Committee.
16. The Evaluation Committee is made up of at least 7 the representatives of Partners and representatives from Latvian society. Previous years’ awardees are invited to join in the Evaluation Committee serving up to two years.
17. The Secretariat of the Evaluation Committee shall be the Civic Alliance-Latvia.
18. The Evaluation Committee compiles a shortlist of nominees by July 10, 2022. The final decision on awardees is made by the Evaluation Committee by a simple vote.
19. The Awards Ceremony shall be organized by the Civic Alliance-Latvia.
The Terms and Conditions of the Human Development Award are available here.